Living above self

 DAILY SHOWER June 14, 2023 Devotion and Declarations


Prayer before the Word: 

 _ O God, I thank You for yet another day. I magnify Your name because You are my God and all I have. Please, use me according to Your will and prosper me in Jesus name, Amen_ 


TODAY’S TOPIC: Living above self 

Text: 2 Samuel 18:24-33 (NIV):


18:24. "While David was sitting between the inner and outer gates, the watchman went up to the roof of the gateway by the wall. As he looked out, he saw a man running alone.

18:25. The watchman called out to the king and reported it. The king said, "If he is alone, he must have good news." And the man came closer and closer.

18:26. Then the watchman saw another man running, and he called down to the gatekeeper, "Look, another man running alone!" The king said, "He must be bringing good news, too."

18:27. The watchman said, "It seems to me that the first one runs like Ahimaaz son of Zadok." "He's a good man," the king said. "He comes with good news."

18:28. Then Ahimaaz called out to the king, "All is well!" He bowed down before the king with his face to the ground and said, "Praise be to the LORD your God! He has delivered up the men who lifted their hands against my lord the king."

18:29. The king asked, "Is the young man Absalom safe?" Ahimaaz answered, "I saw great confusion just as Joab was about to send the king's servant and me, your servant, but I don't know what it was."

18:30. The king said, "Stand aside and wait here." So he stepped aside and stood there.

18:31. Then the Cushite arrived and said, "My lord the king, hear the good news! The LORD has delivered you today from all who rose up against you."

18:32. The king asked the Cushite, "Is the young man Absalom safe?" The Cushite replied, "May the enemies of my lord the king and all who rise up to harm you be like that young man."

18:33. The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept. As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you-- O Absalom, my son, my son!"



SHOWER (Reflection):

 When you are a true child of God, you will know what to do at all times to escape the danger of taking God's glory. You take God's glory when you try to praise yourself or show a sign of happiness towards people that are suffering in any way. It is true that the world we live in can try everything at every time to force us to conform to it but we must allow God to fight for us. King David was not just announced as a man after God's heart. He lived it, displayed it and maintained it all through. He never projected himself when his supposed enemy, King Saul was against him. His two children who equally rose against him such as Adonijah and Absalom were shown love up to death. This is how God wants us to maintain a good relationship with Him and we will not regret it because He promised to always fight for us. And He will continue to fight for us in Jesus name, Amen.



PRAYER/DECLARATIONS


1. O God arise and pay back in full fold to every tongue or hand that will rise against me , in Jesus name, Amen.


2. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I am unstoppable by the situations and people around me. I will continue to rise ...in Jesus name...Amen.


3. O God, my father, as I show favour to all this week and beyond, locate and uplift me equally in Jesus name, amen.