The Charge of an Evangelist

 DAILY SHOWER May 1, 2023 Devotion and Declarations


Prayer before the Word: 

 _ O God, I thank You for yet another day. I magnify Your name because You are my God and all I have. Please, use me according to Your will and prosper me in Jesus name, Amen_ 


TODAY’S TOPIC: The Charge of an Evangelist 

Text: 2 Timothy 4:1-5 (NIV): 


4:1. The presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:

4:2. Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

4:3. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

4:4. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

4:5. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.



SHOWER (Reflection):

Evangelist is a man of God with clear charge to preach the gospel to all nations. God wants him not to preach only but to also become a humanist. An Evangelist should be ready to face persecution which will help him ro know more, expose more and be closer to God. The person is expected to endure pains, agony or hardship. That is to say, the person can still face temptations but God will enable him to overcome. He/she must be committed and ever ready to preach, give out, pray...

We must put out good fighting! God will not abandon, amen..


PRAYER/DECLARATIONS


1. O God arise in this month of May,, silence the rising war from the all parts of the earth that I must testify Your goodness in Jesus name, Amen.


2. O God my father, grant me miracle money, success and promotions this week in Jesus name, Amen 


3. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I bind and cast away every sicknesses proposed for me by the enemy in Jesus name, Amen.