God has dawned my enemies

 DAILY SHOWER April 15, 2023 Devotion and Declarations


Prayer before the Word: 

 _ O God, I thank You for yet another day. I magnify Your name because You are my God and all I have. Please, use me according to Your will and prosper me in Jesus name, Amen_ 


TODAY’S TOPIC: God has drowned my enemies 

Text: Exodus 15:1-10 (NIV):


"15:1. Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD: "I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea.

15:2. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

15:3. The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.

15:4. Pharaoh's chariots and his army he has hurled into the sea. The best of Pharaoh's officers are drowned in the Red Sea.

15:5. The deep waters have covered them; they sank to the depths like a stone.

15:6. "Your right hand, O LORD, was majestic in power. Your right hand, O LORD, shattered the enemy.

15:7. In the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble.

15:8. By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up. The surging waters stood firm like a wall; the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea.

15:9. The enemy boasted, 'I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils; I will gorge myself on them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them.'

15:10. But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters."


SHOWER (Reflection):

When your hope seemed to have lost, when  you think there are no more solutions to your life expectations...just be calm, do not despair. God does not forget. God has not forgot. He will surely and swiftly attend to your needs. Moses sang this song we read in today's lesson. It was when God drowned the enemies of the Israelites. The Egyptians were too sure of getting them back and kept on pursuing them (Israelites). This could be because they knew there are red sea that will prevent Israelites from leaving their land. But God heard the prayers of Moses and divided the sea for them to cross over. These were people who were murmuring, thinking their hope had lost. Egyptians were too proud, arrogant and so much believed that there was no God that could save the Israelites this time. That was why they had to join the Israelites on the divided sea and God who felt insulted by their actions, swept into action by allowing them to be drowned in the red Sea. Be careful, have faith, and God will give you power to overcome your challenges in Jesus name, Amen.


PRAYER/DECLARATIONS


1. O God, my father, roll away every stumbling block the enemy put on my way to excellence in Jesus name, Amen.


2. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I shall march on to my promised land unperturbed, in Jesus name, Amen.


3. O God arise, remove any curse laid on me or my children so that we must excel in Jesus name, Amen.


4. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, this weekend shall be my last weekend with empty pocket in Jesus name Amen.