Finding unmerited favour from God

 DAILY SHOWER April 25, 2023 Devotion and Declarations


Prayer before the Word: 

 _ O God, I thank You for yet another day. I magnify Your name because You are my God and all I have. Please, use me according to Your will and prosper me in Jesus name, Amen_ 


TODAY’S TOPIC: Finding unmerited favour from God

Text: Luke 1:26-38 (NIV):


1:26. In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,

1:27. to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary.

1:28. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

1:29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.

1:30. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

1:31. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.

1:32. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,

1:33. and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

1:34. "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

1:35. The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

1:36. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month.

1:37. For nothing is impossible with God."

1:38. "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.



SHOWER (Reflection):

Unmerited favour is striking gift from God. It is higher and most precious of all gifts. Why I said so is because it is something you never bargained or worked for or merited. But you were chosen by God to enjoy such favour and condition due to covenant existing between God and probably your parents, towns or so. God can use a stone to settle this but He decided to use the available. This calls for seriousness, preservation and readiness. Never be discouraged in life. Wait upon the Lord! Mary was available and God decided to use her and her relative to bring the saviour on earth.  It is a wakeup call for us to live a Holy and faithful life so that we will find favour before Him. This comes with a lot of sacrifices. Mary sacrificed pleasures to qualify for this, just like Joseph. David sacrificed his time by investing in a skilled job or talent. Moses was careful to his environment, etc. You too must qualify in the name of Jesus Christ,Amen. 



PRAYER/DECLARATIONS


1. O God, I am available! Package me and use me to fulfil Your promise to your people... in  Jesus name, Amen.


2. Anointing of favour from above, fall upon my life, increase me and prosper me...in Jesus name, Amen.


3. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I cannot work for another to eat in Jesus name , Amen.