Live like Christ

 DAILY SHOWER April 08, 2023 Devotion and Declarations


Prayer before the Word: 

 _ O God, I thank You for yet another day. I magnify Your name because You are my God and all I have. Please, use me according to Your will and prosper me in Jesus name, Amen_ 



TODAY’S TOPIC: Live like Christ 

Text: 1 Peter 4:1-6 (NIV):


"4:1. Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

4:2. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

4:3. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

4:4. They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

4:5. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

4:6. For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.



SHOWER (Reflection):

Living like Christ is a difficult task but we must do that. We have no option. We were created for the same purpose. We chose to answer Christians because we want to be Christ-like. He died on the cross for our redemption. We have to use that our body to serve Him in truth and honesty. When one is in Christ, he is a new creature. Every old ways of doing things, old life, etc. must also pass away. Brethren, let the reflections we make this season propel us to live a happy godly lives tomorrow in Jesus name, Amen. 


PRAYER/DECLARATIONS

1. O God, my father, use me as a working tool to fix Your people and populate Your kingdom ...in Jesus name, Amen.


2. By the power in the blood of Jesus Christ, I shall not die again because Christ has died for me sake and ended my sufferings and fear ...in Jesus name, Amen.


3. O God arise and manifest Your power in my life and family this season...in Jesus name, Amen.